Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year: 2010

I woke up to the New Year, and felt a rush of emotion. Expectation, fear, exhilaration. This is the beginning of a new year and a new decade. I have set resolutions for myself, quietly planting them in the earth as a gardener does, waiting for the first signs of growth. This is the year when I finish my second to last year of high school, get a job, apply for college. I will be in the chorus of a musical, which is an enormous time commitment. The thought of that alone is daunting. This is the year when I will have to prove to myself that I am the person I say I am, that I am the person whom I want to be. I can daydream and fantasize about being a straight A student, about being loved, of making progress in my writing. But this is also my Father's Year, the Year of Doing, of Becoming.

I will follow His words. Even if I feel afraid, I will tell myself, "I am fearless." I will straighten my shoulders and lift my chin until I am looking adversity in the eye. This winter break I have learned that I get an adrenaline rush out of challenging myself, and conquering the challenge. In 2010 I will overcome the challenges that I face, and not let myself fall into the lazy, non-ka feeding habits that I sometimes fall prey to.

Dua Djehuty, Lord of Wisdom!
Dua Taweret, Great Female!
Dua Amun, Hidden One!

No comments:

Post a Comment